Unique Original Music Tutorials
Talk The Language Of Music With The Keyboards; Volume One
A 64 page book for AUD$20 [digital copy] including postage and a FREE Cd of original music used in the book.
The first of two volumes on the Keyboards, this book will help the beginner and those who play 'by ear' to understand the theory of music as it applies to the Piano and any other keyboard.
You will learn to play by reading music, but also to adapt what is written to how YOU want, or are able, to play.
The incomplete first edition can be obtained by request in digital format. Simply EMAIL US TO REQUEST COPY
With conventional music tutoring I was losing my ability to "play by ear" but with Lyle's style of teaching I learned so much about music theory without losing that natural ability and the additional knowledge helped me become a better piano player, able to learn new pieces and play alongside other musicians more quickly and easier.
- Chey R.
1. The Notes in Music and what they represent
2. The Notes on the Basic Keyboard
3. Basic Keyboard Techniques
4. The Notes written on the Musical Staff
5. An Introduction to Intervals
6. The Time Signature
7. The Timing of the Notes
8. The Timing of the Rests
9. The Scale and the Basic Chord; Part 1
10. The Major Scale
11. The Key Signature; also Sharps, Flats and Accidentals on the Music Staff
12. Symbols on the Music Manuscript
Answers to some Exercise Questions